Recently someone asked me if I had a personal mailing list. She wanted to keep up with what I’m doing, without having to use social media. I don’t have one, but it was an intriguing idea. I mentioned it to my partner, Jason, and he looked at me quizzically. I said “It’s like a blog post, but you mail it to people.” So, I decided, before starting a new thing, to try to get back to writing posts on this blog.
Due to some personal and health issues over the past couple years, I had stepped back from a lot of the things I used to do, like writing and public speaking. This blog fell by the wayside well before then, but it seems like a good way to get back into things.
So, what better way to kick off a blog on January 1st than with a list of goals. Here are some of the things I hope to do in 2019:
- Get back into writing and public speaking. This blog is part of that, but there will be other outlets. I’ve already got an idea for my next talk.
- Pitch an idea for a show at Caveat, with Jason. The concept is coming together, and we’re going to do a proof-of-concept soon.
- Travel more. Well, more than I did in 2018 (which was much reduced from the previous years).
- Sell my NYC apartment. Not a great time to do this, but I’m ready to move on.
- Finish the regimen I started in 2017 to deal with this health issue, and figure out how that changes as I switch to long term health maintenance.
- See lots of movies at the Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers, where we were lucky enough to get into the Season Pass beta.
That doesn’t seem like a very ambitious list, but there are more things percolating. And, to be honest, the fact that I have the energy to make these kinds of plans, for the first time in over 2 year, is pretty fantastic.
Of course, I’ll write here about all of these goals, and other projects and adventures, as they develop. Oh, and thanks to Leticia Mooney for sending the email that inspired me to do this!