Apparently, it’s time for my semi-annual blog update!
I’ve been focusing a bit more on work-work this year, and dialing it back on some of the writing and speaking. Not entirely, just gathering up my thoughts so that I can continue working on things that are interesting and relevant.
Writing: I’ve continued to post Scatter/Gather, Razorfish’s Content Strategy blog. And I also published some articles elsewhere this year.
- Get a clew – content strategy meets linguistics
- Content Strategists of the World: Ilona Hiila & Ida Hakola – I started a series of posts on people practicing CS outside of North America and the UK. So far, I’ve done just this one, but there will be more.
- Me First. Then Social. – a look at how and where social fits into our digital work
- First Principle: Disambiguation – about one of the principles that drives me to do this kind of work (for Contents Magazine)
- Tinker, Tailor, Content Strategist – an exploration of what Content Strategy Mastery would be (for A List Apart)
- Content Modelling: A Master Skill – a deeper look at one of my favorite CS skills (for A List Apart)
Speaking: This year I got more serious about scaling back on the public speaking. The My Presentations page has been updated with info and links to recordings (when available). Here’s also a list of just the new ones:
- Metadata Workshop – Content Strategy Applied, London, UK, March 1-2, 2012 (on slideshare)
- Content Strategy: Why Now? – Sisältöstrategiaseminaari 2012 (Content Strategy Seminar 2012), Helsinki, Finland, February 8, 2012 (on slideshare)
- Coming soon – I’ll be co-presenting a workshop and giving a talk at Content Strategy Forum 2012, Cape Town, South Africa, October 24-26, 2012
- Attending: Even though I’m doing less speaking, I still love the inspiration of going to conferences. I also went to Confab, and soon I’ll be going to dconstruct and XOXO.
Other: One other thing I’ve been up to – I’m serving as Producer on a documentary that Jason Scott is shooting about DEFCON. Here’s a teaser trailer. There’s some other clips, teasers, and test footage on Jason’s YouTube channel.