This year I’m determined to present at SXSW. To that end, I’m involved in five (5!) proposals. Two of them are talks, and the rest are panels submitted by other people that, SXSW-gods willing, I will be participating in.
SXSW likes to have the community get involved in deciding what panels will be chosen for the conference, so they use this Panel Picker to let people indicate which ones are of greatest interest. It’s free and easy to register to vote, so please consider voting for these proposals:
- Understanding Content: The Stuff We Design For – my solo presentation
- Content & Semantics: The Wild, Wild Web of Data – a dual presentation I’ll give with Rahel Anne Bailie of Intentional Design Inc.
- Why Your Content Sucks and How to Fix It – a panel I’ll be on, moderated by Kristina Halvorson of Brain Traffic
- Let’s Talk About CS: Understanding Content Strategy – a panel I’ll be on, organized by Elena Melendy, an Independent Content Strategy Consultant
- Tales from the Basement: Makers of Geek Documentaries – a panel in the SXSW Film conference which I hope to moderate, organized by Jason Scott of Bovine Ignition Systems
While you’re in there, here are some other really interesting panels by some of my friends and colleagues. Please consider voting for these as well!
- Adventures in Text and Filmmaking: Making GET LAMP, Jason Scott, Bovine Ignition Systems
- Web Re-Design Cage Match: Refreshing the Online Experience, Anh Dang, New York Times
- Conserving The Web’s Social Ecology: Theory and Practice, Tim Hwang, The Web Ecology Project (plus a few other cool presentations by Tim)
- Your Cell Phone is Your Sugar Daddy (Controlling Diabetes), John Pettengill, Razorfish
- The UX of Mobile, Kyle Outlaw, Razorfish
- Social Networking for Dealers: Cultivate Relationships First, Mary Butler, Razorfish
- Context Strategy: Wrangling Content Gone Wild, Patrick Nichols, Razorfish
- Greening Your Content: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rahel Anne Bailie,Intentional Design Inc.
- Content Strategy FTW, Kristina Halvorson, Brain Traffic
- Oh, Go Service Yourself! Interactive Content for Humans, Colleen Jones,threebrick
- Keep ‘Em Coming: Courting Customers with Content, Colleen Jones,threebrick
There are many others that will probably be amazing, and I haven’t even touched on all the ones about the Semantic Web (will have to write a separate post for that), so get started voting now – you only have until September 4th!